Sunday, June 21, 2009

Strawberry Rhubarb Under-buttery-Cover

Friday was spent lovingly creating my first pie. Completely homemade down to the buttery crust. It turned out sooo good, as you can see from these pictures. Lilly and I are expert food critics. Trust us.



6 cups of strawberries, 4 stalks of rhubarb, a little vanilla, 1 cup of sugar, 2 TBSP of butter, and 3 TBSP minute tapioca all mixed together...

...add a personal touch...


...cook for 15min at 425F and another 54min at 350F, and voilà! I was super proud of myself and happy it turned out looking so good. ("The pie overflowed!" "Good thing Heidi randomly decided to put a baking sheet under the pie!" Um, not a coincidence. Don't worry, that's how I knew it was done-the filling started to bubble.)


And now for the tasting... Lilly was the first to try the pie!


Heidi takes her first bite!


If Katie were listening, I would tell her she is very lucky I managed to save her a piece given how delicious it was and how willing Moma would have been to eat half the pie herself. And I would also mention that I am looking forward to seeing her soon. Au revoir!

1 comment:

Katie Marie said...

YAY! I can't wait to try it!