Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thanks a Latte!

It started last night when I actively (or in this case, inactively) decided not to set my alarm. This is a lesson that I never seem to learn: Without an alarm to wake me up, I do not wake up when a normal human should. For some reason I continue to suffer from the delusion that I will naturally wake up after 8-9 hours of sleep instead of the more realistic 12 hours I usually take.

SO! In the 10th hour of my snore fest, I was awakened by Amy at my door (I was really half-awake and just unwilling to get out of bed) and the moment she called my name, I yelled (as much as a half-asleep drone can), "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" Only slowly, and like I was being called to the other side. I sat up in my bed and after a very intense moment of us not moving...
Amy: "Do you want to go to the coffee shop?"
Me: "....Okay."

Yay for Cherry Almond Lattes. Or any kind of latte for that matter. Afterwards, I took the cute little cups and turned them into little cup-banks for coffee money. One for Amy and one for me. I love being creative, and I'm becoming more prone to it, which is extra good. What do you think?

What was something creative you did recently?

5 comments:

Here I scribble said...

thats quite nice...
i had bought a lip balm, and loved the transparent glass box. i used that container as a holder of love notes that i gifted to my boyfriend.. i also pasted a heart shaped smiley on the top of container

Heidi Rose said...

How cute! I hope he liked it.

Lilly Anne said...

I liked this post. The coffee cups look cool. Now go harvest your super berries.

Heidi Rose said...

Excellent. I read this first. I am going to take a picture of my farm before I harvest.

Amy Lauren said...

Haha I like how Lilly reminded you.

I put a bunch of pennies and a nickel in my cup already & set in on my window sill! :) those coffees were delicious!

It's weird because I've been waking up naturally early recently (ever since camping).

I think you have to train yourself to get only 8 hours, or rather, when you briefly wake up early in the morning instead of rolling over and falling back asleep maybe that's the time you should be getting up! That's what I do now, I always feel like I could sleep more but I force myself out of bed. It's rejuvenating, and a great way to start the day because it's like a mini accomplishment! ;)