Monday, January 18, 2010

Something Different


It's easy to get comfortable with a routine, becoming more and more comfortable until one day, you're bored. And you decide that you're willing to be a little uncomfortable if it means doing something different. But what to do? Here are some suggestions:

-Start reading a book that looks absolutely terrible

-Look up the history behind 2012 or holidays (haven't you always been curious about how a rabbit who hides eggs started sharing Easter with Jesus?)

-Practice walking in heels

-Think up a way you could make someone happier (like by making brownies for your best friend, or cleaning something up before you're asked to)

-Plan out a hypothetical life for yourself, as though some spirit guide came to you and asked you to just plan out your life, and that's what would happen.

-Mix up an awesome meal combination

***
Today I'm thankful for new, clean socks, black raspberry vanilla body lotion, and DOING SOMETHING NEW (My sister Kelly is currently watching Pirates of the Caribbean. AGAIN).

2 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Hmm. I need to practice walking in heels... I'm definitely a flats girl.

Oh Kelly, didn't you just watch the Pirates movie yesterday? Silly girl.

Lilly Anne said...

"Spirit guide"...haha...now whenever I hear that I'm gonna think of that janitor.

A book that looks absolutely terrible? I've already seen plenty of those!

The holiday thing seems interesting, I think I'll start Googling right now.