Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Way I See It #2

I think we all have people like this in our lives, no matter how well you know them: those people who just radiate happiness and optimism and energy.

Today, I had musical rehearsal. And guys, I have really been complaining about musical lately. Practices are going longer and becoming more frequent. I am bored, and have things to worry about and take care of outside of Drama Lecture Hall.
And I'm not the only one. Attitude has definitely been worsening throughout the cast. So after practice today, we had a cast-member instated meeting, about all the negativity and laziness (really poor attendance across the board). We were talking about cheering up and committing energy into musical again.
About halfway through, Becca -who is one of those people who are so wonderful and energetic, and who has been so friendly to me, even when I am so quiet and reserved- speaks up and says that musical has been the most stressful thing in her life lately, and the last few practices she has wanted to cry because there is such negativity and disrespect. She had tears in her eyes.
I cried, and after the meeting was adjourned, I went up to her, and she was crying and even though I had something to say, I couldn't say it through the sudden tears I had. What a wonderful person! She gave me one of the best, most genuine hugs I've ever had. I didn't need to say anything, but I told her anyway, through tears: "Thank you for always being so nice to me." I am crying again, writing about it. I needed to tell you all this, so that you could truly grasp what my quote is, this time.

"Give your love first to the people who are kind and happy towards you. They try so hard, and even if they don't need it the most, they sure deserve it the most."
-Heidi Rose Krill

3 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Oh, Heidi. What a great post :)

Here I scribble said...

great one Heidi!

Amy Lauren said...

good quote!

I totally understand where you are coming from. :)